Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my.....

Hello Everyone,
How about Birds and bears and sea life instead? Last month I took part in another Stitched With Love Exchange. This time the theme was animals. We listed out three favorite animals. I received my package from Lisa V
I opened up the beautifully wrapped parcels to find this Carriage House Designs wall hanging. Such beautiful stitching - I just love the creative finish she chose for me.














These are the extras she included. So thoughtful of her to include something from each of my choices. Thank you Lisa for such a lovely exchange.










My partner was Beth. One of her favorite animals was owls.


I chose to make her a needle case from the pattern
Frolic In The Foliage © 2010 Blue Ribbon Designs LLC
32ct Beige (Weeks)
WDW Threads








 I love the brilliant reds of our sugar maples, so I substituted aztec red for the pumpkin leaves. I left the tree as charted for the back.
Stitch count 45H x 43W, 2 over 2









I also wanted to included a small beaded project. Horned Owl © October 2007 Jill Oxton from  Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch  & Beading Issue Seventy Two Miyuki Delica Beads (6 colors)- almost 1200 beads. I substituted Natural Silamide for the blue Nymo thread 
Stitch Count: 34W x 42H
Square Stitch.










Here is the complete package with the extras I included.Beth was very pleased with her package.

You can see all the other lovely exchanges at the gallery here.










I'll leave you with a rare visitor to our field. 
















One last look.


I'm off to finish my stitching for my fall exchange. Somehow, my cold last week messed me up. I started to assemble earlier this week, and noticed that I managed to stitch the front piece twice instead of the front and back. LOL!

Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful exchanges both given and received. The stitched pieces are so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo pleased you liked what I made for you Lisa. It was a pleasure to put this parcel together for you.
    The parcel that you sent is lovely too, I love the colours of Autumn and your needlecase is full of all those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic exchanges both sent and received.

    Lovely photos of the cardinal. Wish we had them over here as they look so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete