Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer and under the sea

Hello everyone,
What a difference a week makes! It's hard to believe that last weekend we were seeing frost and snow mixing in with rain and now we are seeing temps that are summer - mid 80's ° F. I haven't gotten much stitching done this week - our living room fan is too close to my stitching area - but it will cool down in a few days and things will be back to normal. Since it feels so much like summer, here is:

Summer Ornament by Pamela Byrd Smith of The Prairie Schooler, Inc.
Just Cross Stitch Magazine June 2007 Issue
Fabric: 32ct Lambswool
DMC Threads
Stitch count 36 x 51, 2 over 2







As the temps climb I find myself spending more time on the ground floor our our home where I have a little area set up to work on some beading projects.  I was looking through my magazines came across a few patterns that I thought would make a nice mobile for my brother when I get them all finished. My brother worked part time in a pet store when we were young. As a result, we had lots of pets - birds, fish, snakes... you name it. We also had several aquariums in our house - salt and fresh water. Here are the first two that I finished. 

Regal Angelfish by Jill Oxton
Jill Oxton Cross Stitch & Beading, Issue 62 © April 2005
Light Gray Silamide
Miyuki Delica Beads
Stitch Count: 54 x 29







Small Gold Seahorse by Jill Oxton
Jill Oxton Cross Stitch & Beading, Issue 65 © January 2006
Natural Silamide
Miyuki Delica Beads
Stitch Count: 26 x 53

 I found a few more fish patterns  in an older (1983) Dover Booklet that I had forgotten about, now I just have to wait for some beads to arrive in the mail so I can get started on these.

Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Such amazing stitching and beading on the fish. They look brilliant. A pretty summer ornament too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornaments!! In the 90's up here in Maine; to darn HOT when you ain't got central air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ornaments ~ and the beaded ones are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ornaments - I love the seahorse! :) Hope things cool off a little for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beaded ornaments are so pretty!

    Lovely summer ornament.

    ReplyDelete